Rhytidoplasty is a surgical procedure to improve visible signs of aging on the face and neck. Some examples such as sagging in the middle third of the face, deep creases below the lower eyelids, deep creases along the nose that extends to the corner of the mouth, fat that has lowered or dislocated, loss of muscle tone in the underside, which may cause double chin, loose skin and excess fat deposits under the chin and jaw.
Being a restorative surgery, facelift does not change the appearance and not for the aging process. Therefore, some rejuvenation procedures are usually performed along with face lifting, such as brow lifting to correct sagging or frowning and eyelid surgery to rejuvenate the eyes.
Intravenous sedation or general anesthesia, depending on each patient.
Depending on the degree of change desired, rhytidoplasty surgery options include traditional facelift, limited incision facelift, or neck lifting. A traditional facelift incision often begins in the temporal region, continues around the ear and ends at the bottom of the scalp. Fat can be sculpted or redistributed on the cheek, chin and neck. Usually, the underlying tissue is repositioned in the deeper layers of the face and the muscles are elevated. An incision below the chin may also be required to improve the aging aspect of the neck.
Another alternative uses smaller incisions in the temporal region, continuing around the ear and possibly inside the lower eyelids or under the upper lip. This procedure is used to correct jowls, sagging neck skin and fat accumulation under the chin.
After healing, the lifting incision lines are well hidden in the scalp and natural contours of the face and ear.
Length of hospital stay:
From 12 to 24 hours.
The compressive dressing and drain are removed 24 hours after surgery. Edema (swelling) and bruising (redness) are common, usually regressing within 21 days. The sensitivity of the operated area may be reduced for a time, but full recovery occurs over time. Sun exposure should be avoided for at least 30 days, and it is important to use sunscreen up to 6 months after surgery.
The following complications related to the rhytidoplasty procedure are rare but possible:
• Occurrence of hematoma and infection;
• Nerve injuries;
• Healing changes;
• Anesthetic problems.
The end result of rhytidoplasty, as in all cosmetic surgeries, will depend on the reaction of the patient's body and zeal with pre and postoperative indications.
• Fasting at least 8 hours before surgery, including water, avoiding drinks and overeating on the days preceding the procedure;
• Smoking should be stopped 30 days before surgery;
• Communicate changes in health status on the eve of surgery;
• Do not wear dark colored nail polish on the day of surgery and avoid wearing jewelry and watches;
• Attend surgery with a companion.
The definitive result of rhytidoplasty is achieved within 6 months after surgery. However, as the swelling and bruising decrease, you can see how it will look.
Frequently asked questions
1. Does the augmentation gluteoplasty leave scars?Every surgery leaves scars, some in more visible places, others in more camouflaged places. Fortunately, buttock surgery allows the scar to... Read more
1. Abdominoplasty makes scar visible?The scar resulting from an abdominoplasty (or abdominal dermolipectomy) is located horizontally just above the implantation of the pubic hair (usually in the... Read more
1. Onde se localizam as cicatrizes da blefaroplastia? São visíveis?As pálpebras são a região do corpo em que a pele apresenta a menor espessura. Isso auxilia... Read more
1. What are the scars of breast reduction?There are numerous techniques described for breast reduction and breast lift, each with its advantages, disadvantages and indications. Thus, the shape and... Read more
1. What is liposuction? What is the difference between conventional liposuction and liposculpture?Liposuction is a surgery that aims to reduce the volume of body fat in localized areas, providing... Read more
1. Does rhinoplasty leave scars?Rhinoplasty produces virtually imperceptible scars. Certain noses allow scars to be hidden within the nasal cavity, leaving traces not apparent. In other cases, there... Read more
1.Does breast augmentation leave scars?Every surgery leaves scars on our body, but some are smaller and more hidden. This is the case of breast prosthesis surgery, in which the scars are well hidden... Read more