Facial trauma is more common among younger people and the main causes of fractures and injuries are motor vehicle accidents, assaults, falls and sports trauma. These fractures can compromise facial bones, skin, fat, muscles and nerves, causing large asymmetries in the face.
Surgery for correction of facial trauma is indicated for people who have suffered a trauma or accident and aims to correct bone destruction and fractures.
Local or general anesthesia, depending on each patient and the type of trauma.
First, possible vital injuries are treated and then parted to treat injuries and fractures.
In case of skin wounds, local anesthesia is applied and the lesion and suture are thoroughly cleaned in the first hours after trauma.
The fractures should be treated under general anesthesia and the procedure consists of restoration of broken bones, usually using fixation with mini or microplates and titanium screws.
Length of hospital stay:
The length of stay will be determined according to the severity of the injuries.
After facial trauma surgery, it is normal for the patient to have a lot of swelling and bruising in the affected areas, which will disappear after a few weeks.
Possible complications of surgery to correct facial trauma are:
• poor healing;
• Nasal obstruction;
The result of surgery to correct facial trauma, as in all cosmetic surgeries, will depend on the reaction of the patient's body and zeal with pre and postoperative indications.
The patient's lifestyle and care before the operation are decisive factors for every surgical outcome. Check out the most important recommendations:
• Fast for at least 8 hours before surgery, including water, avoiding drinks and overeating on the days before the procedure;
• Smoking should be stopped 30 days before surgery;
• Communicate changes in health and medication use on the eve of surgery;
• Do not wear dark colored nail polish on the day of surgery and avoid wearing jewelry and watches;
• Attend surgery with a companion.
Frequently asked questions
1. Does the augmentation gluteoplasty leave scars?Every surgery leaves scars, some in more visible places, others in more camouflaged places. Fortunately, buttock surgery allows the scar to... Read more
1. Abdominoplasty makes scar visible?The scar resulting from an abdominoplasty (or abdominal dermolipectomy) is located horizontally just above the implantation of the pubic hair (usually in the... Read more
1. Onde se localizam as cicatrizes da blefaroplastia? São visíveis?As pálpebras são a região do corpo em que a pele apresenta a menor espessura. Isso auxilia... Read more
1. What are the scars of breast reduction?There are numerous techniques described for breast reduction and breast lift, each with its advantages, disadvantages and indications. Thus, the shape and... Read more
1. What is liposuction? What is the difference between conventional liposuction and liposculpture?Liposuction is a surgery that aims to reduce the volume of body fat in localized areas, providing... Read more
1. Does rhinoplasty leave scars?Rhinoplasty produces virtually imperceptible scars. Certain noses allow scars to be hidden within the nasal cavity, leaving traces not apparent. In other cases, there... Read more
1.Does breast augmentation leave scars?Every surgery leaves scars on our body, but some are smaller and more hidden. This is the case of breast prosthesis surgery, in which the scars are well hidden... Read more